Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy 29th Birthday To Me

Today's my birthday. The big 2-9. Yes sir. Awesome. What can you even say about turning 29. Nothing exciting that's for sure.

Today I will spend my day working (or blogging), working out, going to dad's for a grill out, eating cake (maybe), then heading home in time to take some tape off my newly painted walls from last night, shower and go to bed.

That's a full day if I do say so myself.

I can't complain too much about this birthday because as you all know my last year's birthday was spent laying on my stomach, unable to walk. So ya, I guess this year is better than last. I'd also like to think that I'll have a better year than I did with my 28th year. I can't say that I have much to show for besides a broken heart and a surgery scar.

I'd like to think that I might find love again this year, although, it doesn't seem likely. Especially because my thoughts constantly turn to my ex. But I'm hopeful that some event or some person will snap me out of it. This past weekend, I went out for my birthday and I got 'called out' on not being over my ex and how ridiculous that is. I don't consider it ridiculous at all. I am just a person who was very much in love and who got blindsided and got my heart broken. I don't think there should be a time limit on how long it takes me to 'get over that'. I put that in quotations because I don't think you ever get over the people you love. I guess you just learn from it and try and move on, hopefully to bigger and better things. I am hopeful that I have learned and will move forward, on my own time schedule, and in my own way.

I'd also like to think that I'll stay healthy enough to NOT have another back surgery. I constantly live in fear that I'm going to feel that pain again, just enough for me to know that something is wrong and that my back is taking a crap again. I have had hints of that pain but I usually can attribute it to a specific occasion or workout where I might have over done it. So far so good and I'll try and be optimistic that it will stay that way for the next year.

My one big wish for this year is to take a darn vacation. I haven't been anywhere for over a year and a half and I'd really like to take a trip somewhere. Possibly Hawaii, an all-inclusive resort, possibly Sheboygan, maybe Vegas, who knows. Hopefully somewhere.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. And cheers to another year, good or bad, but another year all the same.

1 comment:

andrea said...

you WILL find Love this year!! that's all that i have to say about that!!

even if i have to end up submitting you to be the NEXT Bachlorette -- yes, I will do that FOR YOU!!!


;p

love ya lady. and love is what you WILL FIND!!