Friday, April 11, 2008

Busy weekend before vacation!

As this weekend approaches, I was realizing last night how busy it is already and then on Monday I leave for Fort Myers!! Tonight i'll be taking it easy as tomorrow I will again be donating my running skills (?!?!) for the American Cancer Society's 5K run. I was actually really excited about this as this is my first race of the year, but then I saw the weather forecast--a high of 39 with rain/snow! YIKES! I have a hard enough time running in nice normal weather, how the hell am I going to run in that crap?! I can tell you exactly how it will go. I be cold while i'm there so i'll wear pants and a long sleeve shirt to start. I'll use my inhaler and look like a disabled girl puffing on an inhaler 10 minutes before the run!


Then i'll start running in the massive stamped of people at the start line. In about 5 minutes i'll realize that i'm super hot and i'll start sweating profusely until I attempt to take off my long sleeve shirt. At this point i'll also realize that I accidentally pinned my number on through both shirts!! OMG i'm so hot and sweating! So then i'll give up on trying to cool down and just focus on not finishing dead last. Why do I do these runs? Not sure but I have to say that i'm always proud of myself when its all done and I always feel good donating for a good cause. If you are bored Saturday morning-head over to Warner park to cheer me on!


Also this weekend i'll be heading out to the Fireside Theatre with my sister to see "Anything Goes". This will be fun i'm sure. Also on Saturday night I hope to head out for a few cocktails with the gang for some fun. Then its off to sunny Florida, which of course i'll blog about when I get back. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

oh fun! you have a blog. I'll add you to me reader.

have fun in Florida!